When I am feeling good, I write! I write when I need inspiration. And, I write to remind myself who I am and what I want in my life. Thank you Tela (@ sociopathlife.com) for recommending me for the Liebster Award. I am both thrilled and honored. While my blog was born out of my mess-and-a-half, it has propelled me to love myself first and foremost. It also keeps the Negative Committee exiled!
When I write, I am reminded that I have a tremendous capacity for love and am loved by many. I love my blog. I love my writing. I look forward to expressing myself. I often think about my blog throughout the day. By the end of the week, I am ready and able to post no less than two of my thoughts. Why? Because my thoughts and feelings are right upfront in my heart and mind.
I write, I heal. My healing began with everyone else’s blogs and continues with my own. My confession: Still, if something about the mess-and-a-half attempts to disrupt my peacefulness, my positivity , I write. I immediately convene a meeting of the Positive Committee. I grab my coffee and my wonderful Bailey’s, a seat in my favorite chair with my laptop in my lap and I write.
When I am satisfied with what I have written, I feel peaceful, tranquil, calm, still, relaxed, soothed, undisturbed, untroubled, serene, composed, at ease, untroubled, content, rejuvenated, reinvigorated, re-energized, regenerated, revived, resuscitated, refreshed and stimulated. Then, I have a reality check — the mess-and-a-half is still a mess-and-a-half.
I am happy. I am happy in love with me. I have renewed love and peace for myself and those that I love. I now even joke about the mess-and-a-half. Every so often I may feel a little pang or two of pity for those who seemingly don’t know who or what they have allowed into their life, who’s bed they’re sharing. Me, I know. I have always known. And, that allows me to be in my better place with my coffee and Bailey’s. Life just keeps getting better. Lord knows, I miss my Gummi Bears! When is this Lent thing going to be over!
I nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster Award. They were and continue to be my inspiration. This award gives me the one opportunity to pay it forward to those bloggers who helped me so much and let them know how much I appreciate what their blogs have done for me, for my healing.
Disentangling, extricating myself from a relationship with a narcissist was difficult, but I did it! I found my way out with determination, will, strength, wonderful bloggers and the Saving Grace of my Awesome God!
Random facts about me:
- I love animals (except hyenas)
- I love my job … my bosses
- I LOVE summer. I don’t care if it is 100+ degrees I LOVE it.
- I don’t like winter at all, not one bit! Ok, I confess, I HATE IT!
- A couple years ago, I bought an Android phone and sent it back the following day — answering a phone should not be mind boggling
- I type over 100 wpm
- I wrote my first novella If it looks like … a pig about my experience (without a clue I was describing a relationship with a narcissist)
- I have always wanted to know what it was like to live somewhere other than where I had been all of my life. So, I lived in another state for several years on my own
- I absolve everyone of my mess-and-a-half, especially myself!
- I not only love Gummi Bears – but worms and frogs too!
- I never misspell a word … If it is misspelled it is a typo! 😉
- What is the best thing about you? My determination, will, perseverance and a sense of humor to die for! (I’m a bit smarter than even I know.)
- What time of day do you blog? I blog primarily on the weekends throughout the day.
- How many revisions does it take before you finally publish? (love this one) A hundred! Seriously tho’, I am constantly editing/saving. I counted 25+ on several of my posts. I’m editing/revising even after I’ve published.
- Who is/was the most influential person in your life? I have so many to name but I have two friends who I will see on the other side that made a tremendous difference in my life. One imparted work wisdoms, the other life and love. I miss them terribly but they truly made the difference in my life. And, I would be remiss if I didn’t give a shout-out to the mess-and-a-half! Without whom, I would still be muddling along.
- In one word describe yourself? Funny
- Where do you see yourself one year from now? A well-known blogger/author.
- What is your favorite social media? Facebook
- What type of blogs do you follow? Currently anything having to do with self-esteem, narcissism, healing and loving one’s self.
- What is the motivating factor for you to blog? Feelings
- How would you describe my blog content to someone who has not read it? Informative, inspirational. Sociopathlife tells it like it is, no holds barred. When I started reading it, I gained a better sense of what was happening in my life. It was a motivating factor in my healing.
- What have you learned about yourself from blogging? That I love it. That it is healing. That I was born to write. And, the perils of dealing with a narcissist!
Find your peace, and then…
Treat yourselves better than well. Treat yourselves wonderfully.